Operation Dream Closet open for 2013 prom season
CORNING — Operation Dream Closet in Corning is now open for the upcoming prom season. Operation Dream Closet provides girls who may not have the financial resources to purchase special-occasion clothing the opportunity to rent, at low cost, prom/formal dresses, shoes and jewelry.
Those young women may shop at the Dream Closet 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturdays and 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. the second Saturday of the month.
Donations of gently-used prom/formal dresses, shoes and accessories, or monetary donations to help defray the cost of dry cleaning and operation of the Dream Closet are still being accepted. Drop off locations are Lone Arranger, 627 Davis Ave., Corning; 406 E. Corning, Red Oak; or 317 N. 19th, Clarinda.
For more information, contact Jessica Wilson at 641-322-5175 or 800-322-5175.
More Local News
- Adair County 4-H, FFA to weigh beef Dec. 27
- H&R Block owner hosts open house, prepares for tax season
- Edward Jones ranks No. 1 in national survey of financial advisers
- Lenox Public Library receives technology grant award
- Winterset woman goes from Des Moines surgeon to SWCC carpentry student