Alzheimer’s disease caregiver support group to meet monthly
Alzheimer’s Disease Family Caregiver Support Group meets 2 p.m. the first Wednesday of every month at Prairie View Assisted Living, 1709 W. Prairie St.
Support group meetings are a family caregiver’s opportunity to learn more about Alzheimer’s disease and caregiving from peers who have had similar experiences or the same questions and concerns.
Support group meetings:
• Provide a safe, confidential and supportive environment to discuss issues surrounding the care of people with Alzheimer’s.
• Educate and inform about Alzheimer’s disease, current research and treatment.
• Help participants develop problem-solving skills and learn about community resources.
• Encourage caregivers to maintain their own personal, physical and emotional health.
Support groups are free and open to the public.
For more information on this group, call volunteer facilitator Jaleyn Dobbs at 641-782-4040.
More Local News
- Southern Iowa Trolley announces special holiday hours
- The winning Chamber Holiday Giveaway numbers are ....
- Changing the culture
- Compensation board finalizes unanimous recommendation for county's elected officials
- College news