CNA wins four awards in INA contests
Creston News Advertiser won four awards in the Iowa Newspaper Foundation’s 2013 Better Newspaper Contests.
Creston News Advertiser won first place for best special section for daily newspapers of circulation less than 10,000. It was a four-page section with complete coverage of the April 14 tornado that hit Creston. (See photo, above) It was the first special section ever run on a Sunday at the News Advertiser.
CNA Sports Writer Larry Peterson won second place for best sports columnist. Judges stated Peterson’s columns had “very good storytelling in all three selections.”
CNA advertising department won second place for best web advertising for an ad designed for Stalker Chevrolet. The CNA also won third place for best advertising featuring agriculture for an ad designed for Stalker Chevrolet.
More Local News
- 2013 Carolathon set for Thursday
- Davidson graduates from auction college
- Creston FFA promotes hunting safety to sixth-grade students
- Governor’s STEM Advisory Council names new regional manager
- SWCC board approves framing, elevator bids