Overcast
61°FOvercastFull Forecast

Fire

Published: Wednesday, March 20, 2013 11:30 a.m. CDT

Creston firefighters responded to a fire 1:56 p.m. Tuesday.

According to a Creston Fire Department report, firefighters were dispatched at 305 N. Sumner Ave. for a fire on top of a dryer. Upon arrival, fire crews removed smoke from the house owned by Dennis and Karen Struble. The fire was started by coats being placed too close to a candle.

Damage estimate is $7,000.

Miscellaneous

Fire alarm, 1:32 a.m., today, 1106 E. Lucas Street.

More News

  • Police

    July 28, 2014 - 10:48 am
  • Accident

    July 28, 2014 - 10:47 am
  • Fire

    July 28, 2014 - 10:47 am
  • Police

    July 24, 2014 - 10:53 am
  • Fire

    July 24, 2014 - 10:53 am
  • Police

    July 23, 2014 - 11:04 am

Reader Poll

What's your favorite Union County Fair event?
Beef show
Queen contest
Demolition derby
Donkey races
Other (Place your answer on the CNA Facebook page)