A Few Clouds
1°FA Few CloudsFull Forecast

Fire

Published: Wednesday, March 20, 2013 11:30 a.m. CST

Creston firefighters responded to a fire 1:56 p.m. Tuesday.

According to a Creston Fire Department report, firefighters were dispatched at 305 N. Sumner Ave. for a fire on top of a dryer. Upon arrival, fire crews removed smoke from the house owned by Dennis and Karen Struble. The fire was started by coats being placed too close to a candle.

Damage estimate is $7,000.

Miscellaneous

Fire alarm, 1:32 a.m., today, 1106 E. Lucas Street.

More News

  • Police

    Feb. 27, 2015 - 10:23 am
  • Fire

    Feb. 27, 2015 - 10:22 am
  • Accident

    Feb. 27, 2015 - 8:00 am
  • Sheriff

    Feb. 27, 2015 - 7:50 am
  • Fire

    Feb. 27, 2015 - 7:49 am
  • Police

    Feb. 27, 2015 - 7:49 am

Reader Poll

Should state budget cuts include closing mental health facilities in Iowa?
Yes, if needed
No. More money should be put toward mental health, not less
Not sure