Several athletic events scheduled for Thursday were postponed because of weather conditions. Those reported to the News Advertiser include:
• Creston middle school boys track at Clarinda will be held April 15.
• Creston middle school girls track at Red Oak will be held April 26.
• Creston high school girls track at Glenwood is held today, starting at 4 p.m.
• Creston high school boys and girls soccer at Dension was postponed with no makeup date announced yet.
• Southwestern softball against Marshalltown CC is rescheduled for April 16. Today’s games against Central Nebraska CC were cancelled because Central has a conference makeup game.
The SWCC softball team is idle this weekend, while the baseball team is scheduled to host Southeastern Saturday and Sunday, starting at 1 p.m. both days.
• Mount Ayr girls track at Shenandoah will be held today starting at 4:30 p.m.
• Mount Ayr girls and boys golf vs. Central Decatur was postponed with no makeup date set yet.
• The Clarke Invitational boys track meet scheduled April 11 has been cancelled and will not be made up.
LAMONI — South Central Area Special Olympics spring games will be held Saturday at Graceland University.
There will be approximately 185 athletes from 20 different organizations competing in track and field and aquatics. Athletes who finish first in their division will qualify for the State Special Olympics in May at Iowa State University in Ames.
Opening ceremonies will be held at 10 a.m. Saturday and the games will continue through approximately 2:30 p.m. Spectators are welcome.