Walnut house burned during training
Creston Fire Department held a fire training Sunday at 1000 N. Walnut Street. The property, owned by Steve and Ashli Peterson, was burned to the ground.
“The owners wanted to tear it down, and basically to demolish it,” said Mick Landers, Creston assistant fire chief. “They went through the steps to basically meet the criteria to burn it down for training.”
Firefighters lit a fire in the house at approximately 8:30 a.m. Several teams of firefighters were set up to put the live fire out, ventilate the house of smoke or do overhaul to find smouldering materials.
If you have any technical difficulties, either with your username and password or with the payment options, please contact us by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org