Partly Cloudy
73°FPartly CloudyFull Forecast

Fire

Published: Wednesday, March 26, 2014 11:04 a.m. CDT

A structure fire was reported 1:33 p.m. Tuesday at 1209 Jaguar Ave.

According to a Creston Fire report, there was a report of a house on fire. During the response, dispatch advised the owner, Eugene Ray, reported the fire was out. Upon arrival, firefighters found a small area of the outside of the residence was burnt, and there was smoke inside the residence. Firefighters investigated to make sure the fire was extinguished, and ventilated the smoke.

The fire was started by a discarded cigarette in a flower pot on the front porch.

Damage estimate is $1,500.

Miscellaneous

Medical, 5 p.m., Tuesday, West Montgomery Street.

Medical, 7:46 p.m., Tuesday, Sheldon Avenue.

More News

  • Police

    July 28, 2014 - 10:48 am
  • Accident

    July 28, 2014 - 10:47 am
  • Fire

    July 28, 2014 - 10:47 am
  • Police

    July 24, 2014 - 10:53 am
  • Fire

    July 24, 2014 - 10:53 am
  • Police

    July 23, 2014 - 11:04 am

Reader Poll

What's your favorite Union County Fair event?
Beef show
Queen contest
Demolition derby
Donkey races
Other (Place your answer on the CNA Facebook page)